ticky black pepper cauliflower & cashew stir fry / Serves 2
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- Thumb-sized piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 350g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 125g sugar snap peas
- 30g cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 3 spring onions, chopped into 2cm strips
- 0.5 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp mirin
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1.5 tsp white miso
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 250ml water
First of all, make the sauce by adding the soy, maple syrup, mirin, rice wine vinegar, miso, cornflour and water to a small jug and whisking well to combine. Set aside.
Heat the coconut oil in a wok until sizzling, then add the chopped ginger, garlic and red chilli. Stir over a high heat for a couple of minutes, then add the ground black pepper, chopped cauliflower and cashew nuts to the wok and continue to cook on high for 6 minutes, stirring often. Next, pour in the sauce along with the sugar snap peas and cook for a further three minutes, then add the spring onions and 1 tsp of the sesame seeds.
Serve with cooked rice or noodles. Divide the stir fried veg between plates and sprinkle over the remaining teaspoon of sesame seeds to finish.