Bruschetta with butterbean, garlic & sundried tomato hummus
Butterbean & sundried tomato hummus
- 400g tin butterbeans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 sundried tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes per person
- A small handful of basil, roughly chopped
- 1 slice good quality bread per person
- Salt and pepper
Place all the butterbean & sundried tomato hummus ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Season to taste.
Dice the tomatoes and mix in a bowl with the chopped basil. Grill or griddle the bread until golden on both sides. Once toasted, spread a generous amount of the butterbean hummus on one side of bread, then top with the tomato and basil mixture. Finish with salt and freshly ground black pepper.